From Rise: The Vieneo Province
PODS is an ackronym for Portable On Demand Storage and represents not only the company founded in 1998 on Earth but more importantly is synonymous with the branded containers exclusively used throughout the Rise universe.
- 1 The PODS Brand Container
- 2 How to Use them in RISE
- 3 Known Issues
- 4 External links
The PODS Brand Container
There are 394 PODS containers in use throughout the Yonmaran System as of December 1, 2232.
They are manufactured by PODS with a steel frame construction and marine-grade wood interior. An engineer certified that the sturdy, weather resistant container can withstand a wind velocity of up to 177 kph while partially full.
|Interior Nominal (not taking interior beams into consideration)|
|Interior Clear (taking interior beams into consideration)|
|Width||6 ft 8 in|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Empty Weight||0.90718474 MT|
|Unit Load (PSF)||35.5 kg|
|Total Load||17 MT|
The floor of the container is a tenth of a meter off the ground. It is equipped with a roll-up door at one end. The roof/ceiling is made from a translucent plastic to allow natural light to enter the container from above.
How to Use them in RISE
What kind of PODS are there?
There are four (4) types of PODS:
- Cargo - It can hold 17 MT of commodities
- Passenger - It can hold 20 passengers and provide them safety and comfort for travel (statistical weight of 102.5 kg per passenger with carry-on baggage)
- Auxiliary Fuel - It can hold roughly 17,000 kg of refined Iagreous fuel (provides special containment)
- Construction - It can hold and deploy colony construction projects.
Where can I buy PODS?
| If you wonder now how do obtain a PODS when you only have a ground vehicle, my advice is snatch one of the PODS that lies around Deois. It is polite to ask the owner or inform him the next time you see him/her online. The least you can do is to return it to the place you took it from!
You can also keep your eye out for PODS that are flagged for repossession, open for salvage title, or available for auction.
How can I find PODS?
In this menu you can see the available bays of your vehicle (top of the list).
Then the columns describe:
|IVR number||Owner||Type||Content||Amount loaded||Destination||Location|
|PODS00231||benjey||Aux Fuel||Iagreous||2378||Undeclared||Bay 1|
|PODS00400||raby||Passenger||N/A||00/20||Undeclared||S 04.392 W 022.104|
Currently the PODS list can be sorted by owner and serial number. Switch between the two with "Shift+S".
What kind of vehicles can load PODS and how many in each?
How do I load a PODS?
Press the "TAB" key to change the selected contact to a PODS in the contacts list. Scan it by hitting the "s" key with your organizer windows closed. It is now highlighted in the organizer's PODS menu. Manuever within 250 meters of the PODS. When there drag and drop it to the Inventory Vehicle. Note: it will load the PODS in to the first available cargo bay!
How do I fill/empty a PODS?
- Store menus will handle buying/selling commodities to/from cargo PODS
- Passenger menus (curbside, terminal, dock) will handle emplane/deplane passengers to/from passenger PODS
- Iagreous fuel can be transferred between an Auxillary Fuel PODS and a vehicle
How do I unload PODS?
|0000041||Vehicles||trivial||assigned (lambert)||2009-09-06||We have inherent support for serial plates on PODS|