From Rise: The Vieneo Province
- Rare Materials
- Natural material (Grade C)
- Fuel ore
|Because of the superficiality of the samples, the true resource value can vary greatly from the samples. Assay many surrounding plots before making decisions based on your results.|
This skill starts out very poorly but improves as it is used, and can be tested at the Skills Assessment Office in Deois. You should test your skills regularly, you may have to take your results with a grain of salt.
Consider hiring a seasoned "appraiser" unless you want to commit the time learning on your own
There are several possible values to each assayed resource...
- Very Good
And an overall indication of the grade (slope) of the plot...
- Relatively flat (0-5%)
- Most desirable for development.
- Gentle slope (6-10%)
- Can be readily used for development with careful planning. Industrial uses become limited; some agricultural crops approach limitations.
- Gradual slope (11-15%)
- Can support residential development if carefully planned. Commercial uses become limited. Industrial uses are severely limited. Erosion becomes a problem.
- Medium slope (16-25%)
- Only feasible developed use is for residences. Development and municipal services costs are high; erosion is a problem.
- Very steep (over 25%)
- Very limited value for development due to extreme costs involved.
- Unusable (over 100%)
- Construction techniques are not available to support this grade of terrain.
In the case of arability, a good value will only affect the Algae Farms of a farm built on that location. Greenhouses and Hydroponics will produce the same amount of food regardless of arability. However, in the case of a farm the grade must be "gentle slope" or "relatively flat" or your Algae Farms would wash away!